- Building Department
Building Department ResponsibilitiesThe Building Department is located on the 2nd floor of Borough Hall. The department handles the following information:
- This is where building permits and certificates of occupancy are issued.
- Complaints for all multiple dwelling and commercial buildings are also handle in here.
- All applications for the Planning Board and Board of Adjustments are accepted and reviewed in the Building Department.
- Forms and other important information are located online for your convenience.
Functions of the Building Department
- Accept and review applications for Planning Board and Board of Adjustment hearings, send to necessary board members and professionals
- Answer all zoning questions
- Collect escrow money from builders for all board applications and pay professionals for their review and reports for each application
- Handle property maintenance complaints for all multiple dwelling buildings and commercial building
- Issue building permits for new construction of buildings and renovation of existing buildings
- Issue certificates of continued occupancy on the resale of buildings, condos and co-op units and rental of condo and co-ops
- Issue certificates of occupancy on all new construction
- Schedule inspections for all inspectors
Hours for Inspections
Inspections can be scheduled during the following times:
- Building: Monday thru Friday, 10 AM -4 PM.
- Electrical: Monday and Wednesday evening between 4 PM-7 PM
- Fire: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4 - 7 p.m.
- Plumbing: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday between 9 AM - 12 PM
Property Maintenance Contact
- For any property maintenance complaints on a 1 or 2 family dwelling please call Helene Ciccarelli at 201-943-1700, Ext. 3150.
- For property maintenance complaints on multiple dwellings or commercial properties call John Candelmo at 201-943-1700, Ext. 3127.